Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30 Parent Letter

Dear Parents,

The preseason is rapidly approaching and I wanted to bring you up to speed on a few upcoming events. First, the date for equipment check out has changed. We will be checking out equipment on Thursday June 5 at 5:00 pm. There will be a representative from Riddell here to help us make sure your son’s Riddell helmet is properly fit. This is an important step in making your son’s football experience as safe as possible, so I would ask that you make every effort to have your son here.
Secondly we have our first camp of the summer starting on June 9th through June 12th at 5:30 pm. I ask that you please have your son here at Hickman no later than 5:00 every night so that he can get prepped and be ready to start practice at 5:30. I know this may not be possible in all cases but please have your son here as soon as possible. This camp is for students’ grades 9-12 that are interested in playing football in the fall. This camp is an introduction to our program and I cannot stress how fundamentally important it is for your son to attend the entire camp. There is no fee for this camp. This is the first learning period for your son and the first padded evaluation period for me and my staff.

On Friday June 13th we will be leaving for competitive team camp at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg Mo. This camp cost $145.00 and there will be a transportation fee of $20 per camper. I will be sending detailed information home with your son about this over the next few days.

In closing I have tried to make our summer schedule as efficient as possible with regard to what we need to do to have any chance at success this upcoming season. I will resubmit my desire that anyone interested in playing football for Hickman High School attend camps and workouts this summer. I believe that all student athletes should have a varied and positive experience during their time at Hickman High School. However please understand that the football season has already opened and every day of preparation is necessary for your son, our team, and the program at all levels to be successful. I will be as supportive as possible of other activities, but make no mistake I believe the football program and our activities hold precedence. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your continued support this season.

Sincerely,


Arnel Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment